Wednesday 28 November 2012

Sophie's TEFL and TY blog

Transition Year in my eyes,
Transition Year has been a year of opportunities.The year is so jammed packed with activity. Transition Year is a year of getting to know yourself and your friends.Its full of bonding activities that really show who will or won't help you.

      The past two weeks we have been in Bray for a TEFL course. Our mentor Tony has rarely worked with teenagers before which is very apparent. On the days when I don't want to go into TEFL just to be shouted at I think of Fareed's mom who made the course possible and of how grateful I am that she has let a group of 18 very characteristic people take this course in her school. I’m sure going into work everyday to find 18 teenage eyes looking up at you must have been hard.

        This small group of 18 people are the people that when times are tough I turn to for laughter.These are the people that when I'm having a bad day make me laugh till I cry. They are the glue which holds my sanity together... I say this now but when we spend 3 weeks in the heat in India my story might change.

No comments:

Post a Comment