Monday 5 November 2012

Hannah's Penney's Blog



Day 1: On my first day, I went to a buyers meeting. All the workers discussed sales, stock and cover of their clothing. I found it really interesting. The girl who I'm shadowing for the week is called Laura. She is really nice. She showed me a program on her computer that tells her everything about sales, stock and cover. Its an amazing system. It tells you the stock and sales in every Penneys store there is. There are stores in the UK and Northern and Southern Ireland. Laura showed me around the office and the mail room. She had me doing typical office tasks for the day. She explained what she was doing while she worked, so I could get a sense of the kind of job she does.
it was a really good day and I am looking forward to the rest of the week. I am learning lots already and I'm liking the idea of this as a career.
Day 3: I've been getting on really well. I did lots of filing, I photographed lots of clothes for next years collections, I put them onto the computer and organised them into folders. I have been sorting out clothes and putting them into boxes in a nice, orderly way:) I was carrying lots of boxes up to the stock room. I'm really loving it.
Day 5: Well I have really enjoyed my work experience. I went into the office not knowing what went on there, and came out with a great knowledge and understanding of the fashion and buying industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment