Friday 9 November 2012

Sophie saves her money to go to India

When my big brother went to India 2 years ago he went on and on about how amazing it was so naturally I was really excited for my trip.
I live in a family of four My mom , two brothers and myself. I didn't want my mom to have to pay the whole fee because that would take away from something my brothers could have done.
Ever since I have known her my grandmother has saved her 1c,2c and 5c in a little pot and at the end of the year she would count it up and by Christmas presents with it. This is what inspired me to save.
I saw how easy it could be. Very rarely do we use our 1c 2c or 5c so I just put them away. I also saved up every bit of money I was given as pocket money or money relatives gave me for my India trip.
My Mom and I counted up all the money I had saved and it came up to 300 euro. A very big achievement for someone that spends money like its going out of fashion.
This has definitely taught me that I can save my money for more important things rather than a new pair of earrings or shoes. I am really glad I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment