Wednesday 14 November 2012

Christine We have done a lot of activities since the start of 4th year. The best week we had so far was the rap week. Big Stu came into the class and split us into groups. He then allocated us music for our raps. We wrote our out our raps before recording them. The next step was making a music video. My favorite week of all was work experience. I did mine in the ark vet care clinic in Foxrock. It was so much fun and I learnt a lot about caring for animals as well as operations. The week after mid term we went on a cooking course. The chief was called Nail. At the start of each morning chief gave us a demonstration on the food we were going to make that day. We then split into groups and started cooking our lunch. I personally didn't enjoy the food as it was ethnic food but it was fun to make and the pavlovas were yummy. At the end of the week we had a fundraiser lunch where we cooked for the whole school. We raised over 500 euro and even ran out of food. Every Thursday we go on a class trip. One trip we went to the web summit. It was the best Thursday trip we went on. We went around to all the stands and got lots of free bees. Izzy So far in 4th year, my favourite project was the cookery school in Donnybrook Fair. We spent a week cooking different ethnic foods, such as thai, indian, mexican and italian. It was so much fun and I learnt lots about cooking and it really made me interested in culinary arts as something I would like to look into for my future. I also really enjoyed the first week of 4th year when we went to bridge 21. we made videos and advertisments in groups and it was a good bonding experience and was good fun. The people who worked there were all really sound and easy to work with. I havnt enjoyed the harassment I have recieved from mr.van de belt always calling me out of class and punishing me with detention, penalty points and report slips. Ill be honest by saying that its making 4th year very difficult. But anyhoo, I really like the fact we dont have to do homework and its a really nice break after 3rd year. We do get some homework but its nothing compared to 3rd year. I like thursdays when we go on our outings, there always good fun. My favourite outing was the web sumit in the RDS, there was loads of free food and the big talk was hilarious. If I am completly honest, I would have rather skipped and got straight back to work in 5th year to finish school quicker but I am enjoying 4th year so its grand. The only problem im having is to focus and keep my mind concentrated. I always feel distracted and my heads always in a dream and unfortunatly this is getting me in a lot of trouble, but on a posotive note, I am trying my best to behave and focus for my sake but also im scared of mr.van de belt giving me another lecture in his creepy office, and then me having to sign off another penalty point because i can never reason with him, and he never listens to what i have to say. So, to avoid me getting in bad moods and feeling miserable im trying to behave and concentrate to send off more positive vibes throughout the class. But I will say one thing, I dont want to look back on my 4th year and say it was 'boring' so ye im a bit crazy but I enjoy being outgoing, as long as it doesnt keep getting me in trouble. Chris Dear blog, My T.Y experience so far has been very interesting, it is a lot different to my old school. One really big change is having moths in the class, Im usually used to it being all lads and it was usually really quiet. I've only been in the school for less than two weeks and I've already did more than I ever did in my old school. I've done two classes of Kempo and we did a cookery course for the whole week. The teachers I've noticed are a lot more involved in the students learning and development. Most of the teachers in my old school just wrote something on the board and then told us to write it down and didn't care whether we learnt it or not and we could easily get away without doing homework. Another really big differnce is that my old school had no computers for the students, and here you usually use computers for every class. All of the lads are bangon and most of the girls are dead sound as well. Thats my view of T.Y so far. Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment