Thursday 28 February 2013

Peace Between The Civilizations


Objective: Peace between the civilizations

Silence... silence... relaxing and disturbing at the same time. It is very luminous and dark. All is black. I look around trying to find a sign of movement, something unknown, strange, new, scary but exciting. I am free, I feel free. I try to swim in the emotions that I have, too many for name them all: loneliness, hope, courage, excitement... The cold is different. Even with the heating of the suit, the emptiness of the place makes the cold enter through your eyes when you see the white-spotted black.


All I hear are my teammates talking through the radio about procedures and status reports. Watching the Earth, the Moon and the Sun from here creates happiness in me, and some vertigo too. I was thousands of kilometres away from home, floating in space, attached with a cable to my ship. Incredibly I took a nap. I think that was the last time I slept well, even if they were 20 minutes.

-"Neptune (our command station in Earth)says that the radars detect an anomaly  2.500 km away from Uranus. And it's moving fast, very fast."- Said Laaren through the radio when I was sleeping.

-"What type of anomaly"- Asked Floria.

-"Maybe a comet?"- Answered Feena.

-"What? Could you check again...Ok. Neptune says that now it's near Jupiter"- Said Laaren.

-"That can't be right, are you sure it's the same anomaly?"- Asked N'gongo.

-"It has passed mars!"- Said Laaren alarmed.

With so much noise I woke up and went back to the ship without paying attention to the conversation. I was impressed with the unique beauty of the place. 

-"Moon sensors detect an unidentified propulsion system 12 parsecs from here"- added Feena

-"May... Maybe the rumour is true, the one 2 years ago, do you remember?"- Suggested Floria

-"Get ready, prepare the shields just in case!"- Said Captain. We never knew her name so we called her Captain. I think she's from Nicaragua. She was the most courageous person I've ever seen.

-"1107 klicks!"-Laaren informed.

-"Damn, it's fa..."- Tryed to say N'gongo.

Just in that moment, when I was closing the gate of the ship, I saw a dark blue explosion that became a hole, a big hole. My heart started beating fast, I thougth that it was going out of my chest, my throat dryed like a a water drop in a hot pan, I didn't know if it was fear or excitement but the next thing I saw discarded the excitement option.

END OF PART ONE. TO BE CONTINUED...
By: Eduardo Travesí

1 comment:

  1. Novel writers...Nobel writers...??

    I like your stories. Waiting for next chapters...
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete