Wednesday 27 February 2013

Creative Writing - Toms Story by Sophie


Toms story

It was dark. He didn't know how to get out. Its was a dead end. Tom could hear the dogs and could almost smell the en's hunger for revenge.
“Why did I do this?” tom whispered under his breath hoping that they wouldn't hear him. He didn't know how to escape. All that was surrounding him was dusty Grey trashcans overflowing with a stench that could kill a man if he got to close. He could see his heart pounding against his t-shirt, bright red blood splattered all over the crisp white cotton. He knew this was the end.
A loud crash woke him from a slumber that was lighter than a feather. Any shadow that passed across his face made him brace himself for the end of his life. He couldn't run away, they would find him. He couldn't go to them, they would end him. Suddenly Tom was brought back to his favorite place in the world. In his true loves arms. Lucy. She was perfect. She had long flowing hair that was as brown as melted dark chocolate. Then he was brought to the office that changed his life forever. The scan revealed it was a baby girl. He was going to have a daughter.
At once his memory turned black and all he could see was bags and bags of white powder. The white powder that was going to end his life. This white powder had a whole army of men coming after him with knives and guns.
“ What about my little girl?” thought Tom whilst tears rushed down his cheeks. He knew that saying that to those cold heated animals would mean nothing to them. Even the thought of his little girl growing up with her daddy not there to teach her how to ride a bike or to question every boy that walks through the house.
He knew that Lucy was waiting for his arrival. She would be waiting for him to walk through the door so that she could hold her in his arms. She couldn't wait to show him little Scarlet. …..
She was six months old she had her first tooth and has said Dada several times and he was there for none of that. The last time Tom saw his daughter she was merely a picture on a screen. He thought about all the nights he missed while Lucy had to tend to a crying baby. “Whilst Lucy was struggling with a teething baby I was out doing lines upon lines of cocaine that has ultimately wrecked my life” thought Tom as the guilt washed over his body like a tsunami wagging across a country wrecking lives.
“I have brought this upon myself, nobody else there is nobody else to blame and yet all I can think about is my next hit. I already have the dealers coming after me for money but what can I do I need the drugs so I steal them. I have stolen from everybody. My mother, my father and even Lucy. I am not fit to be in this world. I am everything that is wrong with this world!” Tom screamed this as if it was his last words. The tears just kept falling one going faster than the next. “In not fit to be a father!!!!! I do not deserve to have a wife and a daughter.
Tom then made a decision that wouldn't change his life, but end it. He walked up to the bridge where he met Lucy. This was the bridge that gave Tom hope. He thought that by meeting Lucy he could change his ways and start again. He climbed up to the edge of the bridge. He took a breath and in his head all that he was saying was “ I love you Scarlet , I love you Lucy. Love lasts forever. My love is no exception” Then with one last tear rolling down his face, he jumped.....

No comments:

Post a Comment